Brian backed SmartThings on Kickstarter to help control and monitor his garage for his business. But he and his family have found that the benefits of a smart home extend inside, too. Read More
Creating a smarter, healthier planet starts at home.
Through 11:59 p.m. EST on March 31, we’re taking $30 off the price of the SmartThings Energy Saver Kit and offering it for just $169. There’s no promo code necessary: Simply add it to your cart in the SmartThings Shop, and the $30 savings will automatically be applied at checkout.
We think that lights should be smarter. They currently account for nearly 35% of a home’s energy usage, and they have a big impact on our planet–which just experienced the warmest winter on record.
The Energy Saver Kit helps you live green and save some green by allowing you to control, monitor, and automate lights, electronics, and small appliances from your smartphone. By ensuring that your lights are off when no one is in the room or by setting your electronics to shut off when not in use, you can slash your energy bill and help contribute to a healthier planet.
Here are a few more things you can do with the Energy Saver Kit:
- Control & monitor your lights, electronics, and small appliances from anywhere.
- Restrict electricity flow to electronics or appliances after a set period of time. So, for example, you can set the total time for an appliance (such as a curling iron or TV) to be in use.
- Set devices to turn off after you or your kids leave to avoid having to worry about them or check them.
- Power your portable or window A/C units (12A max load) from anywhere and, with the help of a Multi sensor, also triggering them to automatically shut off or turn on if rooms in your home reach a set temperature.
Whether you’re shopping for yourself or a loved one, there’s never been a better time to save on SmartThings: For three days only, we’re offering our brand-new Holiday Kit for just $169–a $30 savings off the retail price.
The Holiday Kit includes everything you need to start controlling and monitoring your home from anywhere in the world, specifically:
• 1 SmartThings Hub (which TIME magazine just named the second-best gadget of 2014)
• 1 SmartPower Outlet
• 1 SmartSense Open/Closed sensor
With the Holiday Kit, you can:
• Control and automate lights, electronics, and small appliances from anywhere using your smartphone
• Get immediate alerts if doors, windows, cabinets, or drawers open unexpectedly
• Secure dangerous, off-limit, or valuable areas of your home
• Save energy by triggering lights and appliances to turn off when you leave
• Automatically turn on a light on or off when people come and go
• Oh, and this.
…but be sure to hurry, because this deal will melt at 11:59 pm EST on Wednesday, December 3.
As Alison and her boyfriend Jeff have increased their living space, they’ve also enhanced their SmartThings setup. While they use SmartThings each day to secure their home and save them money on energy bills, the most memorable time they’ve relied on SmartThings has come on a night when they least expected to need it. Read More
Today, we meet Dani and her husband, Josh–he’s a software test engineer, she’s a social media specialist who also runs a blog and an Etsy shop. When they aren’t nerding out over the latest technology, they’re probably playing with their wire-haired Jack Russell Terrier or training him to pick up their laundry.
Welcome to our latest installment of “Hello, Smart Home,” a video series where we head inside customers’ houses and apartments to see how they’re using SmartThings to secure their homes, gain peace of mind, and complement their preferences and patterns.
Today, we meet James, a busy professional who wakes up incredibly early and uses SmartThings to help make his mornings easier. Read More