Earlier this year we announced that we’ll soon unveil the next generation of the SmartThings Hub and several sensors. We wanted to provide a quick update on our progress to date. Read More
In case you missed it last night, SmartThings CEO, Alex Hawkinson, joined Samsung Electronics’ President and CEO, BK Yoon, on stage to deliver the opening keynote address that officially started the 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show.
Whether you’re shopping for yourself or a loved one, there’s never been a better time to save on SmartThings: For three days only, we’re offering our brand-new Holiday Kit for just $169–a $30 savings off the retail price.
The Holiday Kit includes everything you need to start controlling and monitoring your home from anywhere in the world, specifically:
• 1 SmartThings Hub (which TIME magazine just named the second-best gadget of 2014)
• 1 SmartPower Outlet
• 1 SmartSense Open/Closed sensor
With the Holiday Kit, you can:
• Control and automate lights, electronics, and small appliances from anywhere using your smartphone
• Get immediate alerts if doors, windows, cabinets, or drawers open unexpectedly
• Secure dangerous, off-limit, or valuable areas of your home
• Save energy by triggering lights and appliances to turn off when you leave
• Automatically turn on a light on or off when people come and go
• Oh, and this.
…but be sure to hurry, because this deal will melt at 11:59 pm EST on Wednesday, December 3.
As Alison and her boyfriend Jeff have increased their living space, they’ve also enhanced their SmartThings setup. While they use SmartThings each day to secure their home and save them money on energy bills, the most memorable time they’ve relied on SmartThings has come on a night when they least expected to need it. Read More
After a father and his family are hit with a sewage backup during a thunderstorm, he sets up a foolproof water-detection solution using SmartThings, and it saves him from a second flood later that week. Read More