Starting today, we’re offering discounts on our 2-packs and 5-packs of SmartSense Motion and Open/Closed sensors. For a limited time, you can save $10 on 2-packs, and $50 off 5-packs!
Get to know the SmartSense Motion sensor:
Providing security, convenience, and energy savings, this ZigBee device is a triple-threat and a key part of any smart home.
Here are a few things you can do with 2 or 5 of these guys:
- Trigger lights to automatically turn on when you enter different rooms
- Receive an immediate alert if unexpected motion is detected while you’re away or asleep in multiple areas of your home
- Save energy by turning off lights and electronics multiple areas if no one is around
- Automatically turn on a night-light when your child gets out of bed and have the light follow him or her into the bathroom
- Know the temperature in multiple areas of your home in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Trigger your smart thermostat, A/C units, or portable heaters to automatically adjust when people come and go
Get to know the SmartSense Open/Closed sensor:
Don’t let the name fool you: There’s a lot more to this device than just monitoring when things open and close.
Here are a few things you can do with 2 or 5 SmartSense Open/Closed sensors:
- Receive immediate alerts if windows, doors, or drawers open unexpectedly
- Trigger lights to turn on or an alarm to sound if there’s unwanted or unexpected home entry or access to items
- Monitor and secure multiple dangerous, valuable, or off-limit areas inside your home
- Trigger smart lights to automatically turn on when you open the front door, and off when you close it behind you
- Monitor temperature in many rooms or areas of your home in Fahrenheit or Celsius and receive alerts if there is extreme temperature
- Trigger your smart thermostat, or an A/C unit or portable heater, to automatically adjust if temperatures fluctuate
Category:Featured, SmartThings Updates
Sign up for exclusive deals, tips, and news
Assuming a customer doesn’t need a new sensor immediately, why should they spend money on these very expensive devices when the next generation sensors will be released by June 2015?
I saw this deal and almost spent over $1000 before noticing the CES Blog.
“We’re also updating our family of sensors with modified versions of the SmartSense Presence, SmartSense Motion, and SmartSense Multi sensors. At roughly one-third the size of our first-generation devices, the new SmartSense Motion sensor and SmartSense Multi sensor pack all of the power of SmartThings’ current devices, while offering a more minimal presence in your smart home. And the new SmartSense Presence sensor features a more durable and compact plastic enclosure.”