From small details to major plot twists, here are five ways that Back to the Future would have been different had SmartThings been around.
We’re excited to announce that we’ve just released an update to both the SmartThings iOS and SmartThings Android apps. These new versions are now available for free download in the app store and in the Google Play store, and also coincide with several other new features that we’ve recently unveiled.
Here’s a rundown of what’s new as part of 1.6.4, and elsewhere:
• You can now add your smartphone as a presence-sensing device (“Mobile Presence”) using SmartSetup. To do so, just go to the “Things” category in SmartSetup and tap “Presence Sensors,” as shown. (Click the below image to enlarge.)
• Customers using Hello, Home now have the added functionality to add/adjust modes based on the day of the week.
• There has always been a built-in 10-minute delay to all Hello, Home actions. To help customers, we are now visually displaying this default time more noticeably, and enabling people to customize it to their preferred delay time.
• New devices that you connect will now appear in the mobile iOS and Android apps more quickly
• When you create three rows in the Dashboard, you’ll see a quick tip about re-ordering them (to remove it, simply long press any row, drag, and drop). –iOS only, Android forthcoming
• As needed, you are now able to pull down to refresh the Dashboard. –iOS only, Android forthcoming
We’ve just put together the most complete and up-to-date guide to getting started with SmartThings in the history of ever: Welcome to SmartThings. Inside, you’ll find 23 different how-to posts and videos that guide you through everything from the unboxing and activation process to basic configurations in our Dashboard to advanced integrations with Sonos and Philips hue.
We’ve tailored each how-to post to address the most popular questions we receive. We hope that this new resource makes getting started with SmartThings even easier. Give it a look and let us know what you think in the comments section below!
The SmartThings Support Team