Here’s what’s been catching our eye recently in tech, culture, and the space in between.
• Is this the future of marketing? Interesting tongue-in-cheek take on the future of big data, smart devices, and how they may (or may not) collide. (TomFishburne.com)
• Does your coffee machine need its own domain name? In wake of Google’s monster $3.2 billion acquisition of Nest, Stacey Higginbotham and Kevin Tofel review this month’s Consumer Electronics Show, and wonder if the #IoT needs its own domain name server. (GigaOM)
• Could Facebook die out like an infectious disease by 2017? Researchers from Princeton sure think so. (Gizmodo)
• Is Google’s acquisition of Nest bad news for hardware startups? No. (VentureBeat)
• How can you connect all of the smart sensors in your home? Like this. (Fox)
• What if you could record a movie just by looking at it? Federal agent yanks man out of movie theater for wearing Google Glass. (GigaOM)
• How is SmartThings planning to grow the Internet of Things? Like this. (Fast Company)