Here’s what’s been catching our eye recently in tech, culture, and the space in between.
• FAA puts microbrewery’s drone beer delivery project on ice. Turns out this is too good to be true. Way to be a downer, FAA. (The Verge)
• Lenovo to buy Motorola from Google. Numbers are very interesting. Also curious about patent portfolio and licensing. (TechCrunch)
• Google is making a land grab for the Internet of Things. AKA: The #IoT is now Settlers of Catan, and Google has its eyes on that Longest Road card. (TechCrunch)
• Facebook is making a newspaper app out of your Facebook. Meet Paper, the newest rival to Flipboard. (GigaOM)
• Medium Gets Funding. We’re big fans of Evan Williams and Biz Stone’s social media startup. If Twitter and Blogger got friendly and birthed a really good-looking love child with a super slick UX, this is what it would look like. Very intriguing. (Re/code)
• Stunning visualization of the Polar Vortex. (Gizmodo)