Try This: A Staircase That Can Light Up the Way
“I put a SmartThings Motion Sensor on my stairs that turns on the lights when it’s dark.”
- Use the “Add Device” feature in the SmartThings app to pair a SmartThings Motion Sensor with your SmartThings Hub.
- Use the “Add Device” feature in the SmartThings app to pair one or more connected lights from Philips Hue, LIFX, OSRAM, or Cree with your SmartThings Hub.
- Place the SmartThings Motion Sensor on your stairs or in your hallway where it can easily detect motion.
- Use the “Smart Lights” SmartApp in the Marketplace section of the SmartThings app to configure your connected lights to turn on when motion is detected.
- Note: You probably want to configure this to happen only between sunset and sunrise so that the connected lights don’t turn on when it’s light out. Don’t worry; the Smart Lights app lets you choose those as start and end times.
Need some more Motion Sensors? Grab some here.
Don’t have a SmartThings setup yet? Start with our Home Monitoring Kit!
See more Lighting and Energy smart setups!