Try This: A Pillow That Can Make You Coffee
“I put a SmartThings Motion Sensor in my bedroom that turns on the coffee machine when I get up in the morning.”
Need your coffee in order to function in the morning, but need to function in order to make the coffee? We want you to have a smarter start to your day. Get the coffee brewing simply by getting out of bed. It’s better than a timer (what if you oversleep… or wake up early?), and all you need are the SmartThings app, a Motion Sensor, an Outlet, and your favorite coffee maker.
- Use the “Add Device” feature in the SmartThings app to pair a SmartThings Motion Sensor.
- Use the “Add Device” feature in the SmartThings app to pair a SmartThings Outlet.
- Place the SmartThings Motion Sensor in your bedroom or on the stairs where it can easily detect motion.
- Plug the SmartThings Outlet into a power socket and connect a coffee machine.
- Configure the “Good Morning” Routine in the Routines section of the SmartThings app to turn on your coffee machine if motion is detected at certain times of the day.