Try This: A Kettle That Can Give You a Warm Welcome
“I connected a SmartThings Outlet to my electric kettle so that the water starts boiling when I come home.”
Come home and have a cuppa! (By the way, in case you’re not familiar with British English, “cuppa” = “cup of tea”.) If all you want when you get home at the end of the day is Earl Grey, hot, SmartThings is here to make it happen. All you need is the SmartThings app, an Outlet, and your favorite electric kettle.
- Use the “Add Device” feature in the SmartThings app to pair a SmartThings Arrival Sensor with your SmartThings Hub.
- Use the “Add Device” feature in the SmartThings app to pair a SmartThings Outlet with your SmartThings Hub.
- Place the SmartThings Arrival Sensor in your pocket.
- Plug the SmartThings Outlet into a power socket and connect a kettle.
- Configure your “I’m Back” Routine in the SmartThings app to turn on your kettle when you arrive home at certain times of the day.
- Activate your “I’m Back” Routine at any time by selecting its icon in the Routines section of the SmartThings app.
- Note: You can also use your smartphone as an Arrival Sensor.
Grab some more Outlets.