Getting to Know: The SmartThings Dashboard
One of the central features of the SmartThings app experience is the Dashboard. As the name implies, the Dashboard offers you a quick overview of what is happening in and around your home.
We wanted to take a few minutes to guide brand-new customers through the Dashboard set up process, and offer existing customers some helpful tips and shortcuts so that you can customize your Dashboard.
Hold on tight.
Table of contents
• Brand-new customers
• Explaining Dashboard category names
• Exploring Dashboard categories
• Customizing and controlling Shortcuts
• Changing the order of your Dashboard categories
• Editing your existing connected devices
• The Things screen (+ a very useful tip!)
• Controlling devices from your Things screen
In the newly enhanced 1.6.1 version of the SmartThings iOS app, you may notice that there’s a number right next to the “+” icon at the bottom of the Dashboard. If you see a number, this indicates the number of devices that you have not yet configured. By tapping on devices that are not yet configured, you’ll be able to name them, and to choose popular alerts and actions associated with those devices: